In this video, we will talk about how to configure your settings to optimize and get the most out of your WordPress site.
In this video, you’ll learn how to configure the Settings for your WordPress website to ensure the best experience possible for you and your visitors.
The Settings menu contains the most important options that determine how your site behaves, how you interact with your site, and how your visitors interact with your site.
In this video:
- General – Updating your site’s title and location, who may register an account at your blog, and how dates and times are calculated and displayed.
- Writing – Customizing the interface with which you write new posts.
- Reading – Deciding if you want posts—or a static page—to be displayed as your site’s homepage. How many posts are displayed at one time, and how to adjust RSS syndication feed features to determine how the information from your site is sent to a reader’s web browser or other applications.
- Discussion – Control the settings concerning incoming and outgoing comments, pingbacks and trackbacks, email notifications and the use of avatars.
- Media – Specify the maximum dimensions in pixels to use when inserting an image into the body of a post.
- Permalinks – Create a custom URL structure for your permalinks and archives.
Congratulations, you just finished WordPress 101!
If you made it this far and watched every lesson, you should be proud of yourself! You should also be fairly comfortable creating and managing your own WordPress website.
In order to view our Knowledge Base training videos, you will need to create an account and log in.